Sunday, May 16, 2010

A Poem

This is going to be a random post, because again, still not in Russia. For now let's just pretend that where it says "Russia" it says "Loren."

I had a really great New York day today. I delivered food this morning as a part of Meals on Wheels (except it's Meals on Heels in NY); went to a matinee of "The Glass Menagerie" this afternoon, which was excellently acted and pretty depressing; and spent the evening walking and talking with a good friend.

I just came home and read this poem, which I have loved for a long time, but hadn't read for a while, and realized that I could share it with all of you by just posting it here. I love this blogging thing already!


I said to the man who stood at the gate of the year
'Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown.'

And he replied, 'Go into the darkness and put your hand into the hand of God.
That shall be to you better than light and safer than a known way!'

So I went forth and finding the Hand of God
Trod gladly into the night
He led me towards the hills
And the breaking of day in the lone east.

So heart be still!
What need our human life to know
If God hath comprehension?

In all the dizzy strife of things
Both high and low,
God hideth his intention.

-Minnie Louise Haskins

2 comments:

  1. Very beautiful! Poetry is just wonderful. Read D&C 58:3 and the first line of Psalms 46:10. They have the same message.

    ReplyDelete